Friday, July 12, 2013

Fear of Falling by S L Jennings

OMG!!! S. L. Jennings might be one of my new ABSOLUTE FAVORITE authors!!! I realize that I am saying that a lot but seriously there are a couple that freaking AWESOME and she is one of them. I hope that you remember Darra and I both freaking out over the Dark Light books...I mean I still can't get over the cliffhanger!!! So when I saw that she had this book coming out I was really excited but not sure what to expect since it is totally different from Dorian and Gabby. You seriously can't get further away...so what did I think...

I could not put this book down last night. I have the black plague going on right now and should have been trying to sleep but yeah so didn't happen...Before I go any further...here is what the book is about...

Synopsis:

I can’t remember the last time I felt completely safe. Security seemed more like a luxury to me, reserved for those who were fortunate enough to have picture perfect childhoods. For those who didn’t bear the ugly scars that keep me bound in constant, debilitating fear. I’ve run from that fear my entire life. But when I met him, for once, I couldn’t run anymore.

He scared the hell out of me in a way that excited every fiber of my being. It wasn’t the tattoos or the piercings. It wasn’t the warmth that seemed to radiate from his frame and blanket me whenever he was near. It was just…him. The scary beautiful man that threatened to alter 23 years of routine and rituals, and make me face my crippling fear.

My name is Kami and I am constantly afraid. And the thing that scares me the most is the very thing I want.

Sunny's Review:

So...let me start with Kami is really freaking great. I mean you know some bad stuff happened to her and she describes a little bit throughout the book.  You have a love her b/c  she doesn't really complain or anything...I mean honestly she is very up front with everyone about the fact that she isn't willing to offer anything to them.   She lives her life the best that she can and when you find out everything about her...I mean...wow.  

Blaine...oh boi...he skyrocketed pretty high on my list...southern accent...drives a truck...says Yes ma'am...has tattoos...and on top of it all...is freaking AWESOME. He doesn't run from what Kami as she tries to convince him it will never work and that she isn't going to ever get there. He listens and tries to help her work through her issues...LOVE HIM!!!

The end of this book was gut wrenching and at parts so hard to read...but the fact that the author can pull those emotions from you is amazing to me. My mouth literally hung open through a lot of it...there was some cringing and maybe some leaking of the eyes at parts...

I 100% recommend this book and can't tell you that you need to go get it as soon as it goes live. I will put the links up when I see it.   This book is 4.7  stars out of 5.  Seriously...you can't go wrong with any of S. L. Jennings books!

No comments:

Post a Comment