Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Metamorphosis by Erin Noelle


I had not heard anything about this book until I was eavesdropping at the Walking Disaster book signing.  Erin Noelle was there and told Darra and I about her book.  We both had a couple of other books to read but I downloaded it Sunday night and finished yesterday. I LOVE IT! Darra just walked in the office this morning and goes--This would have been us if we had known each other when we were younger!!! I had to laugh b/c I thought the exact same thing.

This book is about Scarlett and her journey to find her perfect book boyfriend. She has been sheltered so much by her parents it is just beyond sad. She was not allowed to have any social life except with one friend that lived across the street, Evie. They both apply and get into Rice University in Houston and she begins her new life. Evie's cousin, Jess, lives in Houston but goes to a different university (yes, we have several down here). Before going to the first party, Evie and Scarlett decide that they are going to find their perfect book boyfriends. They bring up several from books we have all read but the first is going to be the preppy college frat boy. They head off to Jess' house and meet her roommates, Meg and Ash (hot surfer book boyfriend). Scarlett and Ash have an instant connection. As the night goes on, Scarlett meets Dylan (preppy college frat boy)...so now we have 2 boys. Later, Evie and Scarlett decide to go try to find the hot rocker boyfriend. They hit a bar that has several bands playing and Scarlett meets Mason. I don't want to give too much away but Scarlett is trying to discover herself and what she wants out of life as she hangs out with these 3 guys.



There is definite heartbreak and I was seriously looking at Jericho (my Nook for those of you that don't know his name) like WTF?! Did she (Erin Noelle) really just do that???!!!!????  I was not nearly as emotionally devestated as I was reading Ruining Me by Nicole Reed but there were tears.  I don't know what I am going to do until June when Ambrosia comes out!!!! So I don't know why but I have some major issues with Ash...which is weird b/c I was totally Team Chase in Taking Chances and I feel like they are similar so you guessed it....TEAM MASON!!!! Again, this is weird b/c I am not into the whole rocker thing AT ALL.

I read a couple of reviews before reading the book and there was one that just really annoyed me. I mean not everyone in Texas walks around in boots, jeans, cowboy hats and giant belt buckles but (and I do find it kinda unfortunate) most of the college girls are in dresses and cowboy boots and jeans and flip flops. It is the style down here right now. So I did not really understand the complaint on Scarletts wardrobe. I also thought that there was pretty good character development. I mean I was so embarrassed at times at the stuff that Scarlett would say or the things that she would do...I think that says a lot about the book if I was feeling that emotionally connected.

I think I am going to give this book a 4.4 out of 5 stars. I like the whole picking certain types of guys to go out and find in a weekend and making it a game. I would reread this book--even though I hate that one moment (read it so you know what I am talking about)!

B&N Metamorphosis  Amazon Metamorphosis

Sunny

1 comment:

  1. Hey, this is Darra. I finished it last night. There was a part I got teary eyed, so that is always a good indication it was a good book. If I were to go off of the pics about, oh Team Mason all the way! I love both Mason and Ash. But despite it breaks my heart to choose one, I will go with Team Ash. Butterfly! (It will make sense once you read it)

    ReplyDelete