Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Avoiding Mr. Right by C.J. Ellison

Synopsis:

Carla Johnson thinks issuing orders to a lover will keep her heart safe and leave her in charge of her own destiny. Afraid for Carla’s future, her best friend Heather implores her to change her self-centered ways, handing her a list of love life mistakes to steer clear of:

1. Casual Sex
2. Friends with Benefits
3. Avoidance of Intimacy

Carla ignores the list—unwilling to face she might have a commitment problem. Until she invites a co-worker to her place one night. She instantly regrets the hum-drum sexual encounter and discourages the accountant from pursuing her. 

Sunny

So you may remember that I read Vanilla on Top a while back. That was the first book in the A Walk on the Wild Side series. I am going to be honest...I am loving these books. There were several times in this book when my jaw dropped to the floor and it took me FOREVER to pick it back up.

I was not looking forward to this book b/c I didn't really care for Carla in the first book. I was not really sure about her in the beginning of this book either. She comes across as being annoying and kinda slutty but as you read you get to see that she really wants to make something of herself and cares about her career. She also donates her time and energy to a great cause so you forgive some of the abbrassiveness you see at first. Carla is very clear that she is not going to have a relationship with Andrew. He is a "boring" accountant and she wants some adventure. 

Andrew has been watching Carla for a while and can tell that there is more to her than meets the eye (yes I love Transformers!). He realizes that even she doesn't know what she really wants. He works really hard to make her realize that he is not just some boring accountant and they can actually have a VERY satisfying relationship!

I totally love Andrew. I think he is awesome and I don't see how Carla resisted for so long. He is demanding but at the same time he is really sweet and just wants her to be happy. I TOTALLY recommend you reading these books. I laughed a lot and like I said MOUTH ON THE FLOOR! I will honestly never look at our accountant the same way again.

I am going to eventually get around to checking out C.J.'s VV Inn series. Barnes and Noble has the first 3 books for $5.99. I have only seen good comments on the series and I feel like it could be really good. 

Buy The Books:

Barnes and Noble  Amazon

Ok...so I just looked at Amazon and they have the 1st 3 book in VV Inn series for $5.99 so all you Kindle peeps go get it...I also saw that there is a short story and the first half of Vampire Vacation for FREE so if you are interested in possibly reading this series GO FOR IT!!! I am :)

If anyone has read this series let me know what you think...

Sunny 

No comments:

Post a Comment